PATCH/RFC: imagelist rewrite to use N x M grid

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue Nov 29 15:39:08 CST 2005

Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 1:37:01 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 01:24:47PM -0700, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 12:58:55 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
>>
>> > Randomness. Any number could be used.
>> I think native uses 4. As I remember, Delphi understands only 4xN.
>> So when you edit an imagelist in IDE and save it, Delphi could not use
>> produced output and was crashing/displaying corrupted images.

> So our current implementation has problems?
Correct. It work as long as you don't try to save image list to stream.

> Is this the Read/Write to/from IStream interface to imagelists?
Yes. Delphi stores that information in the raw form during the design
time. So when application start it reads whole image list from
resources.

In other words. What Wine saves to stream is not binary compatible with
windows. To make it compatible it has to be 4xN bitmap.

Vitaliy.