Question about X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormatglXChooseFBConfig returns NULL (glError: 0)

Aric Cyr Aric.Cyr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:08:00 CST 2005

Raphael <fenix <at> club-internet.fr> writes:

> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 22:46, L. Lenders wrote:
> > Just for the info: after some digging i found a quick
> > hack to get rid of the error: comment line 208 in
> > dlls/x11drv/opengl.c:
> >
> > //TEST_AND_ADD1(ppfd->dwFlags & PFD_STEREO,
> > GLX_STEREO);
>
> No, it's not the good way.
> Try my last patch on bug report

I think there is still a problem with your patch Raphael.  I update the bug
report with my observations, but basically it is as follows.  glXChooseVisual
and glXChooseFBConfig differ in the way they set up attribute lists.
glXChooseFBConfig _requires_ all attributes to be followed by a value, even
booleans.  This implies that TEST_AND_ADD1 should _never_ be used for
glXChooseFBConfig and friends.  The only place it is being used currently is for
GLX_STEREO, which seems to be causing the problems with Doom3.  Changing the
TEST_AND_ADD1 to a TEST_AND_ADD2 should be enough to correct your patch.  Other
than that your patch is definitely an improvement.

Regards,
  Aric