Release plans

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 11:10:43 CDT 2005

On 10/1/05, Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, I'm trying hard to come up with a web page that
> > makes it easy for even non-wine-developers to help
> > triage bug reports.   [ http://kegel.com/wine/qa ]
>
> You asked for feedback from non-wine-developers, so here's my 2 cents.

Great!  Thanks for writing!

> 1.) Your web page is a little hard to read.
>     Not sure why, maybe it's just that it's 5-guides-in-1 along with
> code samples that makes it hard to get a proper overview.

Think it would help to break it up into multiple pages?
I'm afraid that would just make it harder to follow.

> 2.) The bugzilla engine that you refer to is hard to use.

I admit it takes some time to get used to, but I don't think
switching to something else is an option at the moment.

> I've spent an hour staring at the search page before it struck me: I
> have to put the string "Trillian" in the "Comments" field.
>
> That's just horrid for newbies.

True!  I updated my page to lead newbies through searching
for a particular app's bugs.   Have another look at
http://kegel.com/wine/qa/#tools
and let me know if it's any better now.

> Another thing that would help the newbie experience is to, per
> default, change the STATUS field to contain all color and flavors.

Agreed.  That's worth considering.  (Any Bugzilla administrators want
to comment?)
- Dan