Release plans

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at
Sun Oct 2 15:18:46 CDT 2005

Brian Vincent wrote:
> Anyway, the filename here has "demo" in it, so I'm not sure if this is
> the full IDA Pro everyone has used in the past.

No-go, that version expires in 1998.

There's a newer (4.8) IDA Pro demo, but alas, it cannot be installed
under WINE CVS HEAD :-/.

Same goes for IDA Pro 4.3 freebie edition.

> If that isn't it, maybe one of these will work:

Seems to run, but after that it just hangs.  Anyone?

Francois Gouget wrote:
> WineHQ's CVS page should be updated with instructions on how to get the
> documentation:

Where we're at now:
* None of the IDA versions actually both install and work under Wine.
* WDASM installs but, ehrr, it looks .. wrong.
* GoVest looks good, except that it cries about MapDebugInformation
and SymInitialize being stubs.
* Also, the documentation is horribly outdated and plain wrong in some places.

I've updated the docs to reflect the current state of affairs.
Patch forthcoming.....