wcmd unusable when DISPLAY not set. Again.

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Oct 3 09:21:40 CDT 2005

* On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> What we should probably do, now that we have support for a null
> display driver, is to flesh this out a little more and get rid of the
> tty driver.

Alexandre, you mean to eliminate tty driver from the tree at all?

> I don't think anybody in their right mind actually wants to run
> graphical apps on a tty, and the null driver is probably much closer to
> what people like you actually need.

Hmmm, I am the one with a non-right mind, who wants to run Microsoft Word
with a look'n'feel of TurboVision (well, NCURSES would suffice too) and to
play Diablo1 using AA-lib.  I am serious, really. :-)

So I think we just should switch defaults to a nulldrv, but let the ttydrv
lives here and waits for a better times.  Please.

Thanks. :-)