Release plans

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at
Mon Oct 3 11:13:20 CDT 2005

On 10/3/05, Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at> wrote:
> Gentoo builds everything in some sandbox in /var/tmp and then copies
> everything in the right places. Wine seems to think files will stay in
> that directory altough they won't. However I'm quite sure everything
> will work as expected.

There were reports about 6 to 9 months ago of Gentoo having problems
with Wine.  Can you guys confirm everything is ok now?  If so, we
should just get that fixed in Gentoo's build process.

(By the way, I wasn't knocking Gentoo.  I've used it and I've been
pleasantly surprised that it just works.  Honestly, I don't see any
realy improvement that would make me think it was better than other
distros, but it is pretty neat.  My only gripe is we have some local
LUG members who push it as a beginning Linux distro and I don't think
it's a good choice for that.)