winedbg not starting

Uwe Bonnes bon at
Mon Oct 3 15:27:32 CDT 2005

    >>  Eric,
    >> I don't see any abort for a process "8":
    Eric> Yeah, that's not the issue: the debuggee is made of threads 9,a,b
    Eric> (and the debugger as a pid c and its main thread is d), and is
    Eric> still running when the event is set by the debugger.

    Eric> Dumb question: are you running on a vanilla wine tree (ie not
    Eric> modified)?  A+

I (repeatedly) purged all changes, and "cvs update -PAd" no longer returns
and "M " or "C " entries. However I run wine not installed, e.g. I start
wine with the fully qualified path and also the Aedebug registry entry
contains the full path.

What about trying yourself? You can download switchercad from
without any registration, It's about 6 MByte download, and it installs
without problems. The programm author, Mike Engelhardt, has always been
helpfull questions.

Uwe Bonnes                bon at