USB support for wine, status?

Kai Blin blin at
Tue Oct 4 07:06:20 CDT 2005

* Marcus Meissner <meissner at> [04/10/05, 13:16:37]:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 12:22:08PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > While trying to get one of my games to run, I realized that wine is
> > still missing USB support (see bug 1393). Following the discussion in
> > the archive, it seems like noone is working on this right now. Am I
> > correct in that assumption?
> What USB support does your game need?

Joystick support. It's a Logitech ADI joystick.

> The bug is WONTFIX. It needs a Linux driver and we should interface
> Wine to it (in the scanner case via TWAIN and SANE).
So this should be handled on case by case basis then?

Kai Blin, (blin at gmx dot net)
People who are funny and smart and return phone calls get much better
press than people who are just funny and smart.
		-- Howard Simons, "The Washington Post"