USB support for wine, status?

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Tue Oct 4 09:15:53 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 03:58:03PM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:

> > > Joystick support. It's a Logitech ADI joystick.
> > This should be done via the input device layer of Linux and then
> > dinput already?
> I don't know. In linux, the joystick works just fine. Still X-Wing
> Alliance claims not to find the joystick. I'll retry with
> WINEDEBUG=+dinput when I get home tonight.

do you use it via the input or the js interface? i found it a smart
thing to _not_ load the joydev-module, as wine will detect the same
device twice (/dev/input/event0 and /dev/js0) if there is something like
the devd at play. and there are differences between the joystick_linux.c
and the joystick_linuxevent.c that will change behaviour of some apps (i
will later send a patch that fixes a problem like this for the game Live
For Speed - it only detected my wheel by the JS-interface, where the
linux kernel driver puts a deadzone in it :/)

maybe you can make the stick to work either by not loading evdev or
joydev and see whats happening?

--
cu