USB support for wine, status?

Kai Blin blin at gmx.net
Tue Oct 4 09:42:50 CDT 2005

* Christoph Frick <frick at sc-networks.de> [04/10/05, 16:15:53]:

> do you use it via the input or the js interface? i found it a smart
> thing to _not_ load the joydev-module, as wine will detect the same
> device twice (/dev/input/event0 and /dev/js0) if there is something like
> the devd at play. and there are differences between the joystick_linux.c
> and the joystick_linuxevent.c that will change behaviour of some apps (i
> will later send a patch that fixes a problem like this for the game Live
> For Speed - it only detected my wheel by the JS-interface, where the
> linux kernel driver puts a deadzone in it :/)

Hm, I'm loading the joydev module as the joystick isn't recognized
otherwise. joydev seems to use the input system, though, at least udev
creates the device link in /dev/input/js0.

> maybe you can make the stick to work either by not loading evdev or
> joydev and see whats happening?

That'll be tricky, as the joystick seems to need joydev, and my touchpad
needs the evdev interface.

Cheers,
Kai
--
Kai Blin, (blin at gmx dot net)
People who are funny and smart and return phone calls get much better