USB support for wine, status?

Kai Blin blin at
Tue Oct 4 09:42:50 CDT 2005

* Christoph Frick <frick at> [04/10/05, 16:15:53]:
> do you use it via the input or the js interface? i found it a smart
> thing to _not_ load the joydev-module, as wine will detect the same
> device twice (/dev/input/event0 and /dev/js0) if there is something like
> the devd at play. and there are differences between the joystick_linux.c
> and the joystick_linuxevent.c that will change behaviour of some apps (i
> will later send a patch that fixes a problem like this for the game Live
> For Speed - it only detected my wheel by the JS-interface, where the
> linux kernel driver puts a deadzone in it :/)

Hm, I'm loading the joydev module as the joystick isn't recognized
otherwise. joydev seems to use the input system, though, at least udev
creates the device link in /dev/input/js0.

> maybe you can make the stick to work either by not loading evdev or
> joydev and see whats happening?

That'll be tricky, as the joystick seems to need joydev, and my touchpad
needs the evdev interface.

Kai Blin, (blin at gmx dot net)
People who are funny and smart and return phone calls get much better
press than people who are just funny and smart.
		-- Howard Simons, "The Washington Post"