Improve Bugzilla Query page usability by changing default state?

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:52:54 CDT 2005

On 10/4/05, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Can't we simply bypass the standard Bugzilla search page altogether?
> After all, all that's needed is for our custom form to build the right
> URL. And then the customized form could have an 'Advanced Search' link
> pointing to the regular Bugzilla query page.
>
> [url snipped]

That's assuming that someone wants to search the bug description for
one thing and each further comment for something else, which is rarely
the case with QA volunteers.

If you want to search for one item, you need two urls:

http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=foo&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED

and (similar to yours)

http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=foo&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abugs.winehq.org doesn't work
either, Google does not index the contents of the bugs pages.  Not
sure why.