Release schedule after release?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Oct 4 12:53:46 CDT 2005

Ivan Leo Puoti <ivanleo at gmail.com> writes:

> How will the feature freeze/unfreeze work?

It's really a progressive process that has been going on for some time
now. As code matures I'm getting increasingly reluctant to accept
large changes to it, that's why I insist on small patches and test
cases for changes to areas like the wineserver, or the messaging code;
while for dlls that are still pretty much in prototype stage almost
anything can get in. So as we progress towards 1.0, more and more code
will get in a "frozen" state.

At some point we'll have to decide that some features need to be
postponed until after 1.0, but I don't think we are quite there
yet. At this point I don't see anything that is currently being worked
on that would be unacceptable for 0.9.x.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org