Improve Bugzilla Query page usability by changing default state?

Tobias Burnus burnus at
Tue Oct 4 11:07:40 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:
>> Can't we simply bypass the standard Bugzilla search page altogether?
>> After all, all that's needed is for our custom form to build the right
>> URL. And then the customized form could have an 'Advanced Search' link
>> pointing to the regular Bugzilla query page.

That's something, one finds by default in newer Bugzilla versions:
They actually not only seach in the bug's title, if I recall correctly.

> I think this is a good idea -- I always found the Bugzilla search
> page overly complicated a big pain to use. But even if we do that,
> I think Dan's idea is still good for the 'Advanced' page if it's
> easily done.

Yes, by an admin. Simply go to
search for
and append