DirectDraw driver question

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Oct 5 13:51:14 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 12:24:46AM +0200, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Wine has 2 DDraw drivers: An accellerated HAL driver and a software-based user
> driver. I've noticed that the HAL driver uses many basic functionality from
> the user + gdi driver, and that the hal driver is the prefered one. But is
> there any situation where the user driver is used directly?

>From what I know, both are almost exactly the same code-wise. The only
difference being that the HAL one could support DGA / DGA2 whereas the User
one not.

After, I think that this is here to be compatible with Windows that always
exports these two 'basic' drivers whatever your installation (would have to
check this point on my Windows laptop though).

        Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/