CreateFile access/sharing problem

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Thu Oct 6 08:16:58 CDT 2005

On October 5, 2005 11:10 pm, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:

> I think this is the way it might look like. It's a hack and
> not the real solution.
>
> WARNING:
> I haven't tested this beyond notepad so it might not work at
> all or have some major problems. For all I know it might wipe
> out your entire hard drive especially if you running wine as a
> root. <g>
>
> Vitaliy

Looks good to me.  I would suggest also adding a comment as to
why it is being done there rather than down in the object area,
just so we don't forget.

The only remaining issue for Michael Ost's particular problem is
to change that GENERIC_READ in ReadFile to FILE_READ_DATA (but
not until this fix is in place).

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com