Undefined references

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Thu Oct 6 08:37:00 CDT 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 23:15, Robert Lunnon wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 22:49, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:
> > > Yes, fixed that but the linker still insists on including main() in the
> > > shared library. If I remove libwinecrt0.a from the link then the link
> > > goes OK and nm shows no references to main() in the shared library.
> > > Perhaps wine should have different runtime startofffs for shared
> > > objects and executables like gcc does for executable objects now at
> > > least this will remove any reliance on linker behaviour?
> >
> > Well, we could add a dummy main() to make the linker happy, but I'd
> > really like to understand where that reference comes from.
>
> libwine.so references main it's linked through the -lwine argument to
> winegcc.

I think I have it licked! Before I fixed configure.ac to pass the right
-shared flag to gcc I had built and installed libwine, the linker was
resolving this old copy which because of the bad switch was including crt0.o
which references main. I'd better purge myself of the old bad shared
libraries

Arrrgh, well at least its solved now.

Bob