Documentation of Parallel and Serial port configuration?

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Oct 6 05:34:38 CDT 2005

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:49:55 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
> The thing is, there's a question on wine-users as to how to configure
> parallel ports in the absence of the config file.

What configuration is actually needed? IIRC the config file contained some
magic numbers in hex, not something that should ever have been exposed to
users (hell, I have no clue what they mean either :).

I can't think of anything that would need configuration here, can't we
auto-detect everything?

> However, naturally this user is not the only one who's going to want to
> know if they have to edit system.reg or something to configure their
> ports, and I certainly don't want to guess or assume in the docs.

Well, better than editing text files is using regedit.

If you want to fix this, finding out what the hell the old settings did
would be a good start ;)

thanks -mike