Improve Bugzilla Query page usability by changing default state?

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:53:38 CDT 2005

On 10/9/05, Tony Lambregts <tony.lambregts at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I agree that it should be easy to update WineHQ.  If it's
> >hard at the moment, that needs to be fixed.
> >
> Submitting patches is not something that needs to be fixed, and I know
> of no bettter way of updateing the websites! It is not hard but it does
> require a skill set and resourses to be set up that not everyone has.

The difficulty I'm seeing is that it takes too long to review
patches.

> > I simply can't develop on the Wiki;
> >it's too slow and painful for me compared to a normal text editor.
> >
> Why is it that slow? Is it that resource hungry or is it your connection
> speed? I tried it on my old box (the one that took 8 hours to compile
> wine) and it seemed fine.  So it must be your connection speed (I have
> ADSL).

My connection is very fast.  One problem is that I'm used
to quick iterations, and the time to save on the wiki is
lots longer than the time it takes to save in vi.

I've often wished for a hybrid wiki that let users
edit it using traditional tools (e.g. svn and vi) in
addition to the live web update.  Haven't had time
to look into it, though.  I actually did a wiki-like
system back in 1994 that had some of those
features - guess I should have kept at it!
- Dan