Test If Running Under Wine

peter at piments.com peter at piments.com
Mon Oct 10 03:31:28 CDT 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:37:42 +0200, Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com>

>  Why not just run the ShellExecute and let it fail?
>  Mike

I think the best approach here is that used in browser sniffing when
designing web pages: test functionality rather than software presence
followed by assumptions that may become false later on.

That's basically what Mike is suggesting I think, try the ShellExecute
within a suitable error-trap. (Give a thought to possible stubs in wine
that may return without error having done nothing for the user).

Using Opera e-mail on Gentoo Linux