How to install mozilla active in wine

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 11:12:59 CDT 2005

On 10/10/05, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> > http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
>
> Which brings a question: should we add that address to registry so our "Do you
> want to download and install Mozilla ActiveX?" thingy to work? Or should we
> remove that question all together?

Good question.   One little issue is that that page
says the plugin is very finicky about which version
of Mozilla it works with.  It would probably take
a bit of work to make sure that was all working smoothly.
One might even consider bundling Firefox and the ActiveX control
with binary packages of Wine.  But I think that brings
up another good point: the decision about what to
do about that address probably is best answered by
whoever builds the binary packages.