Bugzilla administration policies

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:43:33 CDT 2005

Richard Cohen wrote:
> Metabugs are generally a bad idea because they are very hard to
> maintain. What is the point of "Get games working perfectly", and how
> can it ever be resolved?

Who said it needs to be resolved, ever, or in any kind of near future?

I see metabugs more as a categorization feature.
If you want an overview of all games that fail in Wine, go check out
that particular entry.

I'd like to see metabugs for each DLL or larger area, for instance
"Window painting in Wine".  I can see a number of bugs that would fit
that metabug, and I think it might make it easier for some people to
see when a particular area of Wine is mature enough for release (in an
easy to administrate manner).  There's probably other bonuses from
keeping the bugzilla well categorized.

I would also like to see a "blockers for 1.0" metabug, which I would
*very* much like to contain the "window painting in wine" metabug
:-)..

Then again, I may be way off, I'm totally newbie.