[comctl32] Fix SEGV in file dialogs (bug 3366)

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Tue Oct 11 18:11:15 CDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:05, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I think it would be a lot cleaner to put the IsWindow test in the
> notify functions and make them return FALSE (or some appropriate code)
> when the window is destroyed. Then all you have to do in the callers
> is check the result instead of duplicating the IsWindow calls all over
> the place.

In most cases this would work, but there are a few cases where a value
returned from the callback is used or tested for something else, including
one where a return is made if the return value is !FALSE and not if it is
FALSE, and one where execution should continue regardless of the return value
of the notification. The latter is more problematic since it would require
either some magic value that we hope the app does not return or a different
notification function that does not interfere with the value returned by the
application.