Wine patch

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Oct 12 03:32:52 CDT 2005

> Hi Stefan, did you ever get any comment on this patch,
> as why it hasn't been committed??
>
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/03/att-0504/01-x11drv.dif
>
> It seems as if it fixes quite a few bugs (e.g. Steam)
> . Was it ever discussed further? Regards Louis
No, it was not discussed in detail. I think this patch is incorrect, it fixes
some apps, but it breaks others, the QuickTime Player for example behaves
incorrect with this patch.

One suggestion was to fix non-managed windows instead, but according to some
Documentation this is not possible because every window manager behaves
differently with non-managed windows.

Maybe someone has a better solution

Cheers,
Stefan