NSIS problem?

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 13 11:00:07 CDT 2005

Hi,

It seems that NSIS installers have regressed in Wine 0.9 - at least, the
PE Explorer setup which looks and feels like an NSIS based installer won't
install with a "The folder name is invalid" error message. I poked at this
a bit but got nowhere.

Can anybody confirm/deny it's a problem with all NSIS installrers? If the
problem is just with PE Explorer then we can leave it, otherwise I think
we should try and figure it out before 0.9 - NSIS is a very popular
installer these days and not running it for 0.9 would be a disaster.

thanks -mike