add DirectSoundFullDuplex support

Dan Kegel daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:10:58 CDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> > 2. This is not a good time for this changes (code freeze is still in
> affect).
> >
> > Find some bugs in bugzilla to fix <g>
>
> I'm getting a sick feeling to my stomach here.
> Maybe I'm just misunderstanding things?
>
> You're rejecting a perfectly fine patch to Wine, because
> it's the wrong season of the year to send good patches?

No, just deferring it.

> What was wrong with doing what everyone else does -
>  - create a branch for the up-and-coming release,
>  - keep applying good patches to trunk,
>  - cherry pick *very* important patches (clean bugfixes) and merge
> them to the branch?

Go look at what the Linux Kernel and the gcc projects
*actually* do.   Both projects actually do have this kind
of code "slush" periodically.   Active development continues
during the slush periods, but the resulting patches just sit
in the developers' trees until after the slush is over.

It's ok, really.
- Dan