D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Oct 15 13:59:55 CDT 2005

> To have this method work properly, one would have to somehow make
> 'glXMakeCurrent(NULL)' run in the context of thread A before doing what you
> did.
Threading fun.... Will be a long study of man pages and windows threading
things I guess.

A wild guess: Remove the context after every function using OpenGL and aquire
it at the beginning? Really bad performance I'd guess, if it works at all.

(Olivier just has sent me a useable guide for thread safety things)

Another update before sending: I've used my glXMakeCurrent hack with old
ddraw, and guess what: Empire Earth brings the main menu up successfully[1].
It's slow as hell(yes, 2D DIB with those horrible ATI drivers), and it has
some little drawing problems. It crashes in msacm when trying to start a
game.
Well, this shows that its possible - Time to make this work with WineD3D ;-)

[1] Screen shots are allways cool - www.doesi.gmxhome.de/ee-shot.png