docs

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:55:30 CDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Brian Vincent <brian.vincent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to step on any toes, but I plan on redoing the User Guide
> this weekend.  Mostly it'll just be an extension of the existing stuff
> I wrote and bringing it up to date.  I figure I can probably bang it
> out in a few hours.

Just an quick update, Dimi committed my patch yesterday but no mail
appeared in wine-cvs about it.  If you're working the Wine User Guide
I'd strongly recommend updating from CVS; especially if you're working
on wineusr-configuring.sgml.  I know of one error in it that I need to
fix, there's probably more.  The "System Adminstration Tips" section
looks wrong to me, so I'm not sure if I pulled that from old
documentation or wrote it myself last last year.  I think the idea is
along the right lines, but the actual steps might be incorrect.

One thing that would be nice to have is a complete list of registry
keys and values.  Bonus points for explaining what they do.  It's not
terribly difficult to generate, but I was getting sleepy as I got to
that section.

-Brian