Downloading Mozilla ActiveX

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Tue Oct 18 18:27:36 CDT 2005

Le mardi 18 octobre 2005 à 19:28 -0400, Vincent Béron a écrit :
> Le mar 18/10/2005 à 18:31, Jonathan Ernst a écrit :
> > >
> > > No idea about capacity, but the URL hasn't changed in years.  We could
> > > take a clue from Codeweavers and put in a winehq.org URL that simply
> > > redirects to that one.  If it changes we just update our redirect.
> > >
> > > -Brian
> >
> > I really think it's the way to go.
>
> That doesn't solve the capacity problem (which was a real one the last
> time this discussion occured, and is the reason why the address is not
> in wine.inf).
>
> Newman wasn't very fond of hosting it on winehq either. Sourceforge
> looked like the best place regarding capacity, but the automatic
> download part is a problem with it (unless we put it on our webspace
> over there, but I'm not sure if it'd be Ok with their TOS).
>
> Vincent

A simple solution would be to link to a simple php script (or perl or
whatever) on WineHQ server that randomly selects a mirror (we can then
use all mirrors on sourceforge,
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozillaControl16.exe, one hosted on
winehq, etc.) This would address the capacity problem.

If you want I can make such a script (but that's trivial).

Thanks.