Linking wine * libraries with Linux applications ?!

Alexander Efremov vilgus at
Wed Oct 19 11:47:11 CDT 2005

is it possible to link Win32 Wine libraries (* with a Linux
application. Suppose we have a simple Linux gcc program

#include <vfw.h>
int main(int argc, char** argv)

which utilizes Win32 library features. When I try to compile it and
link I do not have any problems:

g++ -Wall -g -lavifil32 -o main

But when I execute it I get a segmentation fault. Is there any way to
avoid it ? May be I have to link other libraries ? Is it possible at
all to dynamically link Wine libraries with Linux gcc-compiled code ?

Thank you.

Best regards,
 Alexander                          mailto:aefremov at