Linking wine *dll.so libraries with Linux applications ?!

Alexander Efremov vilgus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:47:11 CDT 2005

Hello,

is it possible to link Win32 Wine libraries (*.dll.so) with a Linux
application. Suppose we have a simple Linux gcc program main.cc

#include <vfw.h>
int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  AVIFileInit();
}

which utilizes Win32 library features. When I try to compile it and
link I do not have any problems:

g++ -Wall -g main.cc -lavifil32 -o main

But when I execute it I get a segmentation fault. Is there any way to
avoid it ? May be I have to link other libraries ? Is it possible at
all to dynamically link Wine libraries with Linux gcc-compiled code ?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                          mailto:aefremov at mpi-sb.mpg.de