wine / Linux kernel interaction

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Oct 19 12:05:38 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:55:49AM -0700, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Finally, could this kernel module be distributed with
> wine? Its acceptance into the Linux kernel tree is
> doubtful.
I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, but is there really a need to
development a kernel module for your USB scanner??

SANE has been having USB user-space modules for ages, I believe (via libusb
functionality?).

So unless you need extra kernel-level functionality or I'm completely
off-track, I don't see why one would need that (much less want that!).

Andreas Mohr