bug 2398: OpenGL, child windows, and wine

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 16:24:32 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:13:03PM +0200, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> > Which patch is that?  I couldn't find it...
>
>         * dlls/x11drv/bitmap.c, dlls/x11drv/init.c, dlls/x11drv/opengl.c,
>           dlls/x11drv/x11drv.h:
>           Huw Davies <huw at codeweavers.com>
>           Add an x11drv escape that returns a glx drawable.
>
> At the time the patch was submitted I was (and I am still :-) ) intrigued
> about the use case for this patch.

It's going to be used to enable OpenGL to draw on dibsections (ie
PFD_DRAW_TO_BITMAP).  The deal is that while you can use a Window as a
glx drawable you can't use a Pixmap, so the old drawable Escape
wasn't sufficient.  There are some more bits to come, but they'll have
to wait until after 0.9.

Huw.