Are Visual Basic install problems common?

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Fri Oct 21 18:28:50 CDT 2005

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 10/20/05, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at> wrote:
>>Dan Kegel wrote:

>>The installers of the most VB applications i have played with installed
>>fine. One failed though due to bugs in VarCmp() and i think it was
>>VarDiv(). I have quick fixes for those bugs in my tree but have no time
>>at the moment to do the correct fixes with test cases and submit them.
> Can you submit the rough patch as a work-in-progress?
Just sent the 2 patches to wine-patches. Those patches aren't work in
progress as the real fixes would be to rewrite the functions VarDiv()
and VarCmp() based on extensive tests (Basicaly permutating through all
possible combination of input variants. I have those almost ready but
they crash Wine.). Something similar to what i did for VarMul and VarAdd.

Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart