preload libGL

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Oct 22 14:42:51 CDT 2005

> I am not a GL expert, but AFAIK the OpenGL spec requires the app to flush the
> rendering pipeline before swapping the buffers.

I would find this extremely strange. For example, the 'glXSwapBuffers' man
page says this:

       (...) The  update  typically takes place during the
       vertical retrace of the monitor, rather  than  immediately
       after glXSwapBuffers is called.

       glXSwapBuffers  performs  an  implicit  glFlush  before it
       returns.  Subsequent OpenGL commands may be issued immedi-
       ately  after  calling glXSwapBuffers, but are not executed
       until the buffer exchange is completed.

The only mention I have of 'glFinish' being useful is when multiple GLX
contexts share the same double buffered window (a bit later in this man page).

So I would definitely think that this is a bug in the fglrx drivers and Wine
is not the place to fix it...

       Lionel

PS: but thanks to have made me re-read the man page, it gives ideas on how
    to try to solve the multi-threaded D3D games problem :-)

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/