Shell32 File Property dialog

Detlef Riekenberg at
Sun Oct 23 07:31:12 CDT 2005

Am Freitag, den 14.10.2005, 13:28 +0200 schrieb Johannes Anderwald:

> I have a patch which adds file property dialogs to shell32

Welcome to wine.
Your Idea is nice and many Thanks for your Wine-Support, but since wine
is different from ReactOS, your Patch will not work here.

I started half a year ago with similar Problems.

Please read take a look in the "Wine Developer's Guide":

And the Part about "Coding Practice"

- Define a Unicode-String with L"text" does not work with gcc on unix.
  Please use the same Style as your Patch did for wProperties in
  "shlexec.c" (Array of WCHAR).

- TCHAR is not used in wine. If there is a UNICODE and a ANSI
  implementation in Windows, implement the UNICODE-Version
  and let the ANSI-Version call the UNICODE-Version.

- I don't knew, if DPRINT() works in wine. We use here:
  This messages go to the console.
  (There are more Macros for additional Debug-Channels as well)

- You use numeric values very often (Dialog-Parameter, Buffer-Length)
  Are there really no defines for this Numbers?

- K.I.S.S => Make your Patch as small as possible.
  An Idea would be to Start with one Page and add the other
  Pages later.

There are some FIXME in the code (Example: Date/Time - Format).
How much work is it to do it "the Windows-Way" ?

The following Link is a useful collection of Coding Hints:

( (private) started before the official
comes up.)

Asking Steven Edwards how to Port from ReactOS to wine is IMHO another
good idea.

By By ...
      ... Detlef