Fix SERIOUS bug in winecfg

Michael Jung mjung at
Tue Oct 25 03:26:28 CDT 2005

Hi Mike,

On Monday 24 October 2005 22:17, Mike Hearn wrote:
> The unixfs module apparently can't cope with the Z: drive being anything
> other than / or being non-existant. A fresh .wine has this set up OK, but
> clicking the drive autodetect button in winecfg will currently set it up
> so D: is the root drive. Oops!

Unixfs should'nt depend on the Z: drive beeing mapped to '/'. It even
should'nt depend on '/' beeing mapped anywhere. I guess the problem you are
seeing depends on the setting for the Desktop directory, which is generated
automatically (There are a couple more registry entries, which depend on z:):

[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell Folders]

If you remove or remap the 'Z:' drive afterwards without adjusting these
registry settings, the desktop shellfolder object won't initialize any
longer, which is why the file dialogs won't work.

Michael Jung
mjung at