wine overstepping the mark?

wino at wino at
Thu Oct 27 15:37:54 CDT 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:23:48 +0200, Dustin Navea <speeddymon at>

> I dont see how that is a problem?  AFAIK wine has to mod them so that
> when you double click on an exe in your GUI, the GUI knows what program
> to load the exe's with...  but then again I could be wrong.  anyone else?
> Dustin

Well that's why the sandbox is there.

I install Wine for one specific user account that has suitably restricted
access rights. I do not want wine or wine installer to go outside that

I want wine on this system so that I can use on or two bits of windows
software , I DO NOT want it to start thinking it really IS windows and
start taking over my computer for me.

That is the fundamental reason why I use Linux and not M$.