directx 7/8/9

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 10:35:51 CDT 2005

> > I've started some work on D3DRENDERSTATE_ZVISIBLE and D3DRENDERSTATE_VERTEXBLEND,
> > D3DRENDERSTATE_VERTEXBLEND is the only one that is commonly used by applications.
>
> Oliver,
>
> Do you mean you started working also on the DDraw (i.e. D3D1 => 7) code ? If
> yes, could you tell me on what parts / applications you plan to work on to
> not duplicate work ?

I have partly wotking versions of D3DRENDERSTATE_ZVISIBLE  and D3DRENDERSTATE_VERTEXBLEND, I
haven't done anything to support any of the other states but most of the states could be supported
by using shaders.

I've only been working on wined3d because Stefan Dösinger has been working on getting DirectX 7 to
work with wined3d and I'm testing a d3d8 wrapper for wined3d at the moment so other versions of
DirectX should get the extra states without any additional work.

Oliver.