DirectSound problems - dlls/dsound/mixer.c

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 10:44:21 CDT 2005

--- Davin McCall <davmac at davmac.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to sort out sound problems with StarCraft and have made some progress by hacking
> around with the "dlls/dsound/mixer.c" file. I'm new to Wine hacking however, and there's some
> things in the code which I don't understand (and others which seem blatantly wrong).

There are more problems with Mixer.

I've been getting some deadlocks in the mixer code with games like
http://www.download.com/The-Incredibles-demo/3000-7505_4-10334423.html?tag=lst-0-1.

Blink video uses two threads to smoothly switch between videos, sometimes I'll get a dead lock
where the mixer threads are waiting for another thread that doesn't seem to exist any more. The
problem sometimes shows up in  winmm/time.c TIME_MMSysTimeCallback as a invalid TIME_TimersList,
it seems like something's not being cleaned up properly.

I've got some more notes on the problem kicking around somewhere.

Oliver