AppDb

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:36:57 CDT 2005

We just added testing results that include the same
gold,silver,bronze, garbage rating and the wine version the user
tested with.   I think this does most of what you are looking for
although it won't replace or affect the 'maintainer rating' on the
page that displays the version.

Right now the rating you see is the one decided by the maintainer of
the application and based on their judgement.  Now that we have the
testing results there is some question of how to reflect these results
to users.  Certainly if an application has a handful of gold ratings
and no maintainer rating it should probably be listed as gold.  Do we
remove the maintainer rating all together?  Add yet another field?
Ideas?  Personally I'm inclined to remove the maintainer rating and
have the application rating be based on some computation based on
testing results but there is a question of whether those are reliable
enough and whether we want the maintainer to be able to override for
some reason.

Chris