AppDb

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:50:41 CDT 2005

On 10/28/05, wino at piments.com <wino at piments.com> wrote:
> I dont think you should be so quick to over-ride that maintainer's
> evaluation. It would seem likely that they have looked into it a bit
> deeper than the average user. (Maybe weight the maintainers rating)

Shouldn't we listen to the normal user more than a potentially expert
maintainer?  If normal users try the app and can't run it then we,
people involved with wine, are really to blaim.  If a maintainer can
use their knowledge to make the app run and document it well then
users should have success and report success.  If normal users can't
then we've simply not made it easy enough for them to do or
understand.

Chris