IP address works but Servername crashes...

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 15:13:54 CDT 2005

> Would I be correct in guessing that wine does not
> bother looking for WINS server when trying to resolve
> a name to an address?  (Note that wine crashes as
> opposed to app complaining about servername)

You're correct that wine's gethostbyname function doesn't do a WINS
lookup.  It may be possible to configure your host to to a WINS lookup for
gethostbyname using samba; check your samba docs.  Wine's netbios() can
use a WINS server, but I'm not sure what call your app is using.  (Your
relay trace appears to be some time after the problem happened.)

--Juan