tools/wine.inf (was: wine/programs/winecfg)

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Fri Oct 28 15:25:04 CDT 2005

Friday, October 28, 2005, 1:57:17 PM, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 28.10.2005, 04:38 -0500 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
>> Log message:
>>  Vitaliy Margolen <wine-patch at kievinfo.com>
>>  Define OS environment variable on WinNT versions.
> The Patch requires, that I start winecfg and touch the OS-Version.
> When I do not start winecfg or do not touch/change the Default
> "win2000", then "OS" is not correct.

> Changing wine.inf can fix that for the Default Situation, but there are
> still 2 unusual but possible Race-Conditions left:
> - reinstall "wine.inf" while the OS-Version is <"NT"
> - change the Default OS-Version with Regedit
It's been discussed on IRC that we should not have any version related
settings in wine.inf. As that will override user selected version on each
upgrade.

We need to think something up that will properly set version related info, yet
not override any user changes. I think we can do the same thing as we do with
drive configuration in winecfg on initial setup (/D).

Vitaliy

PS: Please send replays to wine-devel only, and only one time.