wine overstepping the mark?

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Fri Oct 28 13:59:14 CDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:40:04 +0200, Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr>
wrote:

>> If I wanted moron-user-friendly I would still be running M$ not Linux.
>
> Ah then we could petition AJ to remove the configure script and go back
> Makefile templates that you modify to be aligned with your configuration
> :-)
>
> And frankly, if you want to control exactly what the installer does,
> just do
> not type 'make install' and copy the files over yourself.
>
>          Lionel

No, I think the configuration script is fine with this one exception. It
should not be reconfiguring the system, it's that simple , no need to
extrapolate to rediculous lengths or to do hand configure.

I just emerged wine-0.9 and it did not show this behaviour.

I was replying to Dustin's suggestion that this kind of incorrect
behaviour is fine because it can be called "user-friendly" , which is not
an appropriate arguement on Linux.

I suggest we kill this discussion the point has been made.

Regards.