version<unspecified>

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Fri Oct 28 14:18:12 CDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:15:06 +0200, Paul Vriens <Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 19:53 +0200, wino at piments.com wrote:
>> I have an app that tests the version number of certain dlls it uses on
>> startup.
>>
>> The first seems to be riched20.dll
>>
>> If I run it on 20050524 it starts and works.
>>
>> If I run from the same installation after installing wine-0.9 (or just
>> about any winecfg based version) it starts throwing errors like:
>>
>> riched20.dll version<unspecified> was found, this program requires at
>> least.....
>>

>> I then have to pull in a native dll and tell wine to go native when in
>> fact the buildin functions  work perfectly.
>>
>> bug or feature?
>>
>> I guess this was done intentionally or is a result of an intentional
>> change and seems related to winecfg becoming active.
>>
>> What is the best way to deal with this? It seems a shame to install
>> native
>> dlls when the wine code does the job.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> Hi,
>
> don't have time (yet) to do stuff in Wine, but have a look at
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-September/020423.html
>
> this shows you how to add version stuff to a dll.
>
> cheers,
>
> Paul

Many thanks, that looks like one answer. I could arbitarily give it the
version number my app is looking for , tho' that is not a very rigourous
approach.

I was hoping for some info as to why this worked before and not now.
Appartently earlier wine releases did return something that satified the
version check in the software.

Thx anyway, useful.