D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Sat Oct 29 11:20:49 CDT 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 13:17, H. Verbeet wrote:
<snip>
> On the subject of drawStridedSlow / color fixups, something I was
> wondering about is how feasible it would be to use vertex shaders to
> fix the colors. I guess it would require reimplementing pretty much
> the entire fixed function pipeline as shaders. I also don't know what
> the impact would be on performance, but I seem to remember reading
> somewhere that modern gfx cards don't have a real fixed function
> pipeline anymore and that the drivers use the programmable pipeline to
> implement much of that functionality anyway. I've got no idea how
> reliable that claim is though.

VS Impact only for color channels reorder will be ... null :)
As you said "modern gfx cards don't have a real fixed function pipeline
anymore"

But the big problem is handling VS to support the maximum of the slow cases
for each gfx card (who don't perform the same way for tricky VS code)

Regards,
Raphael