Restoring resolution when exiting: some questions

julien julienc at psychologie-fr.org
Sat Oct 29 07:38:17 CDT 2005

Hello!
Different games do not restore resolution when exiting. I tried to
modify wine a bit and came to several problems:
- I used destroy_whole_window api as a point to restore resolution.
However I am not sure it is not the best place and it does not help in
some cases (e.g., if Wine is crashing). So what could be the most
relevant point (TerminateProcess?) to restore resolution?

- I am restoring the resolution using default values to
X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx. How to manage the case with several
applications having different resolutions?

Thanks for any help on this!
Julien