server: Add object type to struct object

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Oct 30 23:14:25 CST 2005

Sunday, October 30, 2005, 9:52:40 PM, Robert Shearman wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen wrote:

>>This is by far not what native does. But we are not implementing the whole
>>kernel here. So having just an object type ID will work just fine for what
>>we need.
>>
>>Vitaliy Margolen
>>
>>changelog:
>>  server
>>  - Add object type to struct object
>>

> Why do you need this? It seems that having an object type field is
> redundant since we can uniquely identify an object by the address of its
> object_ops.
Because the way I've implemented directory object it's not fully abstract. It
needs to have a special case for symlinks lookups.

Also I will need that for NtQueryDirectoryObject as it have to return object
type name. I suppose I could compare obj->ops but that means they won't be
static anymore and will have to be visible outside the file where they are
defined.

Vitaliy