Custom Windows Program Loader

Informações info at sparsi.com
Mon Oct 31 09:29:28 CST 2005

    Thanks everyone for the insightful information.

    Actually, the solution provided looks quite simple. However, I was
trying to make some naive tests one my Windows box and got stuck on
something that looks quite simple as well... I just can't find the
KERNEL32.DLL library that I expected to be inside the downloadable
"wine-dlls-0.9-mingw.zip" package. ;.(

    Can anyone confirm me if this package has successfully being build on
Windows using MingW ? If so, where should I look for it ? If not, which were
the caveats ?

    Just another piece of information: I extracted the contents of this
package in a temporary directory and placed the notepad.exe executable along
with the dummy notepad.exe.local file inside the same directory. When I try
to run notepad, I have an error message that reads something like:

    "It wasn't possible to find the entry-point for the procedure
wine_get_unix_file_name in dynamic library kernel32.dll"

    The message is written in portuguese, and this is the best translation
that I was able to do. It looks like any other Wine library tries to call a
procedure from the Wine kernel32,dll but ends up calling this procedure on
the native kernel32.dll. Is that right ?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    FLu-X