D3D7 -> WineD3D, 2nd attempt

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Oct 31 12:28:11 CST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 02:15:56PM +0100, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> However, I'd
> suggest a software implementation for DX7 as a fallback for cards which don't
> have shaders and cards which don't have the necessary extensions.

Well, if you go this way, that means writing an almost complete (except for
texturing) OpenGL implementation of the geometry pipeline.

This is why I did it (for the only application actually using it) via the
current 'hack'.

After, one can always imaging lifting code from Mesa or TinyGL to do that,
but I would really investigate if the current hack is not enough for all
games out there.

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/