Patch: DSound: PhaseCancel subtracts secondary from primary

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Mon Oct 31 19:27:21 CST 2005

No - that's an unrelated problem. The DSOUND_PhaseCancel method is being requested to cancel a length which isn't an integer number of frames.

Probably it is being called from somewhere which isn't doing correct length translation of secondary to primary buffer (ie primary_length = secondary_length / secondary_blocksize * primary_blocksize. The secondary blocksize may be smaller if it is a mono buffer, for instance. That calculation is oversimplified also, because sample rates between the buffers may vary and this needs to be taken into account.

I plan to keep looking at DSound issues but I like to do these things progressively (i.e. get a few patches submitted and accepted, then do some more) - otherwise the change ends up being huge, and to break it up is a lot of work.

BTW, thanks for the note re patch acceptance. I had noticed some patches which had been sent in after mine had been accepted, so I guess I got worried - but you're right, it's too soon (though it is in fact Tuesday in my time zone :-))

Davin